Cold weather is officially here. That means it is time to bundle up in your house with your loved ones and stay warm.
This delicious chicken tortilla soup recipe is a must for fall. It is a great meal to help get you through these chilly nights and it’s quick and easy to make. In less than an hour, you can have a flavorful soup that is sure to excite anyone’s taste buds.
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 10.5 oz can condensed chicken broth
- 1 ¼ c water
- 1 c cooked whole corn kernels
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chili peppers
- 1 15 oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- ¼ c chopped cilantro
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves (shredded into pieces)
- Baked tortilla strips
- Sliced avocado
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Turn stove to medium heat.
- Place a medium stockpot on the stove with oil, garlic, and onions. Saute the ingredients in the stockpot until they are soft.
- Place chili powder, oregano, tomatoes, broth, and water into the stockpot. Let the mixture come to a boil and cook for five to ten minutes.
- Add the corn, hominy, chili peppers, beans, cilantro, and chicken into the stockpot. Let the ingredients simmer for ten minutes.
- Now separate the soup into individual bowls and add the baked tortilla strips to the top. To add extra flavor, you can add sliced avocado, shredded cheese, and chopped green onions.
Recipe courtesy of All Recipes: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/13351/chicken-tortilla-soup-i/
This is just one of the great recipes that we have on our blog. Subscribe today to get updates on new recipes to try.
If there are any recipes you want us to write about let us know. Comment down below and leave us some recommendations. We would love to hear from you!