In honor of National Cheese Day, here is a recipe that your family is sure to love… especially if they love cheese like mine does!
This sauce is my take on Olive Garden’s Alfredo and not really a traditional Italian Alfredo sauce. Enjoy!
- 1 tbs EVOO
- 1/2 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 block of cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded parm
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 basil leaves chopped finely
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1 19oz bag of frozen tortellini
- Prepare tortellini according to package
- In a 3 qt sauce pan, saute minced garlic in EVOO over medium heat.
- Once garlic becomes aromatic, add in heavy cream. Stir with whisk.
- Add cream cheese to mixture just before boil and stir. Continue to whisk until smooth.
- Once cream cheese has melted into mixture, add pepper and basil. Stir frequently.
- As mixture thickens, add peas and diced ham.
- Let simmer for 2-3 minutes while continuing to stir (to avoid burning on bottom)
- Add parm and stir well
- Once ingredients have mixed well, turn off heat.
- Add sauce to the well drained pasta.