Valentine’s Day will be here in no time. Be sure to spread the love with this great recipe!
This recipe is perfect for anyone. Whether you are a husband wanting to surprise your wife or a mom wanting to make breakfast for the kids.
Follow these directions and you are on the way to having a great Valentine’s Day.
4 large eggs
1 c whole milk
1 c cold water
2 tbsp melted butter
¼ tsp salt
2 c all-purpose flour
8 oz softened cream cheese
1 ¼ c confectioners’ sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon zest
½ tsp vanilla extract
4 c fresh, sliced strawberries
1 c heavy whipping cream (whipped)
Additional butter & confectioners’ sugar
- Mix the eggs, milk, water, butter, salt, and flour in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt 1 tsp. of butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet.
- Pour 2 tbsp of batter onto the skillet and move the pan to evenly coat the bottom.
- Cook the batter until the top looks dry then flip it and cook for another 15 to 20 seconds. Place the crepe onto a wire rack to cool. Repeat this until you run out of batter. (Note: Add butter as needed to the skillet)
- Stack the crepes when they are done cooling. (Note: Be sure to put paper towels or waxed paper between them)
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla in a small bowl, until smooth.
- Add in 2 c of strawberries and whipped cream to your mix.
- Place about 1/3 c of filling into the middle of the crepes and roll them up.
- Top your crepes off with extra strawberries and sugar.
Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/creamy-strawberry-crepes/
This recipe is sure to lift anyone’s spirit, even those that are anti-Valentine’s Day! Let us know how your recipe turned out by commenting down below.
If you want to learn more festive recipes subscribe to our blog!