Valentine’s Day is only a few days away. So now is a great time to start finalizing your schedule to ensure the day is perfect for you and your loved ones. While you may already have dinner plans set, you can’t forget about the most important meal of the day, breakfast.
This creamy strawberry crepe recipe is perfect to start your Valentine’s on a positive note. So whether you are cooking for one or feeding your family of four, everyone is sure to enjoy it.
The following recipe is courtesy of Taste of Home and yields seven servings.
4 large eggs
1 c whole milk
1 c cold water
2 tbsp melted butter
¼ tsp salt
2 c all-purpose flour
8 oz softened cream cheese
1 ¼ c confectioners’ sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon zest
½ tsp vanilla extract
4 c fresh, sliced strawberries
1 c heavy whipping cream (whipped)
Additional butter & confectioners’ sugar
- Mix the eggs, milk, water, butter, salt, and flour in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt 1 tsp of butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet.
- Pour 2 tbsp of batter onto the skillet and move the pan to coat the bottom evenly.
- Cook the batter until the top looks dry, then flip it and cook for another 15 to 20 seconds. Place the crepe onto a wire rack to cool. Repeat this until you run out of batter. (Note: Add butter as needed to the skillet)
- Stack the crepes when they are done cooling. (Note: Be sure to put paper towels or waxed paper between them)
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla in a small bowl until smooth.
- Add in 2 c of strawberries and whipped cream to your mix.
- Place about 1/3 c of filling into the middle of the crepes and roll them up.
- Top your crepes off with extra strawberries and sugar.
Comment below how your recipe turned out, and subscribe today to learn more holiday recipes!