Spice up your life with chicken with a kick.
This orange chicken recipe is a people-pleaser for sure and never seems to disappoint.
I guarantee you will have people lining up at your door asking for the recipe. All you must do is follow these quick and easy steps.
1 c Orange Juice
½ c Sugar
2 tbsp Rice Vinegar or White Vinegar
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
¼ ts Ginger
¼ ts Garlic Powder
½ ts Red Chili Flakes
Orange Zest from 1 Orange
1 tbsp Cornstarch
2 tbsp Water
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into small pieces)
3 Whisked Eggs
1/3 c Cornstarch
1/3 c Flour
Pinch of Salt
Oil (used for frying)
- Heat orange juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and red chili flakes for 3 minutes in a medium-sized pot.
- Whisk the cornstarch and water to form a paste.
- Add the paste to the mixture from step 1 and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the orange sauce from the stovetop when it has thickened.
- Add orange zest for some extra flavor (optional).
- In a shallow dish, mix the flour, cornstarch, and a pinch of salt.
- In another shallow dish, whisk the 3 eggs.
- Take the chicken pieces and dip them in the eggs. Then proceed to dip the chicken pieces into the mixture from step 1.
- Put 2-3 in. of oil into a pot over medium-high heat. Wait until the mixture reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the chicken pieces in the oil for 2-3 minutes at a time (until golden brown). You may need to do several batches.
- Toss the chicken and sauce together until your chicken is smothered in orange sauce.
- Top your chicken off with a few green onions (optional).
Thanks to Modern Honey for the great recipe!
Once you taste this highly rated recipe, other orange chicken will never taste the same. Go ahead and give it a try!
Let us know what you think by commenting down below.