Looking for something a little different to serve at Thanksgiving? Try this sumptuous desert that is fairly easy to put together.
For the crust – You can make your own here, using your favorite recipe, or you can purchase a pre-made. We chose a pecan pre-made crust, found in Albertson’s.
Pecan Pie Filling
- 2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 cup corn or maple syrup (your preference)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, lukewarm
- 4 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- 3 8 oz cream cheese packages
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Pecan Pie Filling Instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a small bowl and then put in saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Whisk in the egg yolks, syrup, and cream until smooth. Stir continuously and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking until mixture resembles pudding, 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in cold butter until fully dissolved.
- Fold in chopped pecans and vanilla extract.
- Transfer mixture to pie crust.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes
- Take from oven, toss-out foil cover and let it cool to room temperature. Once cooled, put in fridge for about 20-30 minutes.
Cheesecake Filling Instructions:
- Combine cream cheese and heavy cream, beating until smooth. (3-4 minutes)
- Add the sugar, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Pour the mixture into the cooled crust.
- Place in fridge for 6-8 hours
- Slice and enjoy!