Spice up your life with chicken with a kick.
This orange chicken recipe is a people-pleaser for sure and never seems to disappoint. I guarantee you will have people lining up at your door asking for the recipe. All you must do is follow these quick and easy steps.
1 c Orange Juice
½ c Sugar
2 tbsp Rice Vinegar or White Vinegar
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
¼ ts Ginger
¼ ts Garlic Powder
½ ts Red Chili Flakes
Orange Zest from 1 Orange
1 tbsp Cornstarch
2 tbsp Water
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into small pieces)
3 Whisked Eggs
1/3 c Cornstarch
1/3 c Flour
Pinch of Salt
Oil (used for frying)
- Heat orange juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and red chili flakes for 3 minutes in a medium-sized pot.
- Whisk the cornstarch and water to form a paste.
- Add the paste to the mixture from step 1 and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the orange sauce from the stovetop when it has thickened.
- Add orange zest for some extra flavor (optional).
- In a shallow dish, mix the flour, cornstarch, and a pinch of salt.
- In another shallow dish, whisk the 3 eggs.
- Take the chicken pieces and dip them in the eggs. Then proceed to dip the chicken pieces into the mixture from step 1.
- Put 2-3 in. of oil into a pot over medium-high heat. Wait until the mixture reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the chicken pieces in the oil for 2-3 minutes at a time (until golden brown). You may need to do several batches.
- Toss the chicken and sauce together until your chicken is smothered in orange sauce.
- Top your chicken off with a few green onions (optional).
Once you taste this highly rated recipe, other orange chicken will never taste the same. Go ahead and give it a try!
Let us know what you think by commenting down below.
Original recipe courtesy of Modern Honey