Want to try something new? Well, we are here to help. This dessert is perfect for a romantic dinner at home. It combines chocolate and strawberries to make a mouth-watering dessert, you won’t want to pass up.
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
4 tablespoon unsalted butter
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
½ teaspoon instant espresso powder
1 egg & 1 egg yolk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup strawberry preserves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter four cups of a standard size muffin tin and sprinkle them with granulated sugar. (Note: Be sure to coat both the sides and bottoms of the cups.)
- Heat the butter and chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until it is smooth and melted.
- Place the flour, confectioners’ sugar, espresso powder, whole egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract into a bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until the mixture is creamy.
- Combine the mixture from step three into the mixture from step four. Then whisk them together.
- Pour an even amount of the mix into each of the four muffin cups.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of strawberry preserves into the center of each of the lava cakes. Then spread some of the lava cake mix on top of the preserves. (Note: You may need to use a spoon or spatula to press the preserves into the mix. Only a small portion of the preserves should be visible if any at all.)
- Bake the lava cakes for 11 to 13 minutes (or until the tops are firm and the edges are browned).
- Let the lava cakes sit and cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the lava cakes upside down on a plate and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Be sure to make your date night memorable with your new recipe. Let us know how your lava cakes turned out by commenting down below.
Recipe Courtesy of My Sequined Life