July is officially here, and that means Independence Day is right around the corner. A great way to show your American pride is with fireworks and a cookout. But you can’t have a cookout without dessert. Lucky for you, I have the perfect recipe that will make your mouth water.
This berry cobbler recipe is great for a small family gathering!
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 ¼ C all-purpose flour, divided
¾ C granulated sugar, divided
¼ C whole milk
2 Tbsp salted butter, melted
1 large egg
1 C fresh blackberries
1 C fresh blueberries
1 C fresh raspberries
1 C hulled fresh strawberries
1 Tbsp lemon juice
¼ tsp kosher salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the baking powder, ground cinnamon, 1 C flour, and ¼ C sugar.
- In a small-sized bowl, whisk the milk, butter, and egg together.
- Add the mixtures from steps 1 and 2. Then stir until they are moist.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine the blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, lemon juice, salt, and the remaining ¼ C flour and ½ C sugar.
- Pour the berry mixture from step 4 into a greased 5-quart slow cooker.
- Scoop the batter made in step 3 onto the top of the berry mixture.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook the cobbler on low for 2 to 2 ½ hours or until the batter is fully-cooked.
- Serve with Bluebell Ice Cream and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Southern Living
Have a happy 4th of July and enjoy time with your family. I guarantee they will love this scrumptious summer dessert. Let us know how your recipe turns out by commenting down below.
If you want to learn more great recipes, follow our blog today!