July is officially here, meaning Independence Day is right around the corner. And a great way to show your American pride is with fireworks and a cookout. But you can’t have a cookout without dessert, and lucky for you, I have the perfect berry cobbler recipe!
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 ¼ C all-purpose flour, divided
¾ C granulated sugar, divided
¼ C whole milk
2 Tbsp salted butter, melted
1 large egg
1 C fresh blackberries
1 C fresh blueberries
1 C fresh raspberries
1 C hulled fresh strawberries
1 Tbsp lemon juice
¼ tsp kosher salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the baking powder, ground cinnamon, 1 C flour, and ¼ C sugar.
- In a small-sized bowl, whisk the milk, butter, and egg together.
- Add the mixtures from steps 1 and 2. Then stir until they are moist.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine the blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, lemon juice, salt, and the remaining ¼ C flour and ½ C sugar.
- Pour the berry mixture from step 4 into a greased 5-quart slow cooker.
- Scoop the batter made in step 3 onto the top of the berry mixture.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook the cobbler on low for 2 to 2 ½ hours or until the batter is fully-cooked.
- Serve with Bluebell Ice Cream, and enjoy!
Have a happy 4th of July with your family and let us know how your recipe turns out by commenting down below.
Original recipe courtesy of Southern Living