Fall is here, and the holidays are right around the corner. With that in mind, it is time to start planning your holiday menus. Fortunately, I have a few recipes you will want to add to the list, courtesy of FCCLA’s, formerly FHA, cookbook.
Here are 3 recipes that are perfect for any holiday celebration or a family dinner at home.
Fiesta Chicken Salad
Source: Carrie Williams (Beckeville FHA)
Yields: 4 Servings
1 8-oz jar Cheez Whiz
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tsp. chili powder
2 1/2 c. chopped cooked chicken
1/2 c. sliced celery
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 18 oz. package round tortilla chips
2 c. shredded lettuce
1/2 c. chopped tomato
- Combine Cheez Whiz, mayonnaise, and chili powder in a bowl.
- Add chicken, celery, and onion, mixing well.
- Chill until serving time.
- Layer tortilla chips, lettuce, chicken salad, and tomato on serving plates.
Broccoli and Corn Casserole
Source: Terry Scotka (Daule FHA/HERO)
Yields: 4 servings
1 16-oz. can cream-style corn
1 egg, beaten
1 10-oz. package frozen chopped broccoli, cooked, drained
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. minced onion
1/2 c. cracker crumbs
2 tbsp. melted butter
- Combine corn, egg, broccoli, salt, and onion in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Pour into greased 1-quart casserole.
- Top with cracker crumbs tossed with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Source: Janna Golden (Wellman FHA)
Yields: 10 Servings
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
4 eggs, beaten
1 stick butter, melted
1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 box confectioners’ sugar
- Combine cake mix, 2 eggs, and butter in a bowl, mixing well.
- Press into 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Mix cream cheese, remaining 2 eggs, and confectioners’ sugar in a bowl until smooth.
- Spread over cake mix layer, leaving 1/2-inch margin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until cake tests are done.
The cookbook had an abundance of great recipes to choose between! That is why I highly recommend purchasing FCCLA cookbooks to support local chapters and gain access to hundreds of amazing recipes. They all are quick and easy to make and are sure to please your guests.
Let us know what your favorite FCCLA recipe is by commenting below!