When the unexpected happens, it is best to be prepared. No one wants to be stranded on the side of the road for hours waiting for help to come. Take precautions to make sure that this won’t happen to you.
Here are a few items you should keep in the trunk of your car to ensure you are ready for anything that life throws at you.
- Jumper Cables
- Spare Tire
- Tire Jack
- Duct Tape
- Road Map – Just in case there’s no reception – trust us
- Tool Kit (screwdriver, multipurpose tool, pliers, etc.)
- First Aid Kit – include pain medicine
- Car Window Breaker & Seat Belt Cutter (Keep this in the glove box where you can get to it)
- Pocket Knife (This should be in the glove box or somewhere handy too)
- Tow Rope
Additional items you may consider for those just-in-case moments:
- Extra Set of Clothes (shirt, jeans, jacket, gloves, hat, and shoes)
- Rain Poncho or Umbrella
- Cell Phone Charger
- Extra Money
- Cloth or Paper Towels
- Water Bottles
- Snacks (nuts, trail mix, jerky, dried fruit, etc.)
- Fix-a-Flat Tire Sealant
All these items will make sure that you are back on the road and out of danger as quickly as possible. It may seem excessive, but you can never be too careful. Life has a funny way of throwing us curve-balls.
Don’t wait until something bad happens. Go and start putting your kit together today! Walmart and Amazon should have everything you need to make your perfect kit. This would be a perfect gift for a new teen driver.
Don’t forget to check out our blog for more helpful tips and recommendations on how to keep you and your family safe!