I think fall is one of the best times of the year. Besides rivalry football games, camping trips in the backyard, and comfy knit sweaters, this refreshing weather can only mean one thing… potluck season is here!
For our next office get-together, we are switching things up a little. This chicken, bacon, ranch mac and cheese (made with three kinds of cheese) is a rich and decadent new take on a favorite, old-fashioned, comfort food recipe.
If you have a large office full of hungry people, we recommend doubling the recipe because we are sure everyone will be coming back for seconds!
This recipe and post comes from Tasteofhome.com
YIELD: 8 servings | PREP TIME: 15 min. | BAKE TIME: 30 min. | TOTAL TIME: 45 min.
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente; drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in cheeses until blended. Stir in dressing.
- Add chicken and sauce to macaroni, tossing to combine. Transfer to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish.
- Toss bread crumbs with melted butter; sprinkle over macaroni. Top with bacon. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Freeze option: Prepare recipe as directed, increasing milk to 1-1/3 cups. Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover casserole with foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover; continue baking as directed or until heated through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
1 cup: 586 calories, 37g fat (15g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 889mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.