Teens passing their drivers test is a bittersweet moment for parents. It means no more hauling your children around from place to place like a taxi service. But fears race through your mind. There are ways to help ease your worries. Before you let your child on the open road alone, make sure they are safe. Here is a checklist to make sure that your teen is on the right track to safe driving.
- Find a Safe Car Fit for Teens
- Download the MamaBear App (Allows parents to track children’s location and speed limit.)
- Complete a Parent-Teen Driving Agreement
- Set Driving Curfews
- Limit the Number of Passengers
- Download the Drivemode App (Enables handsfree messages and calls while driving.)
- Pack an Emergency Kit
- Keep Up-to-date on Traffic Laws
- Check for Inclement Weather
- Check Your Car Before Driving
- Adjust the mirrors
- Adjust the driver’s seat
- Check the gauges
- Check the tire pressure
- Check the windshield wipers & wiper fluid
- Check the gas tank
- Check the lights
- Buckle Up
- Keep Both Hands on the Wheel
- Lock Your Car Doors
Having teen drivers can be scary, but it is inevitable if you have kids. It is time to release the reigns and let them take the next step towards adulthood. With these steps put into place, you can set your mind at ease. Now, it is time for you to relax because let’s admit it you deserve it. After, years of being your kids’ personal taxi service it is time for them to step up and be your chauffeur.
If you found this article helpful, comment down below, or subscribe to our blog!